[Support request] I can’t see / use Sections

Home Forums Support [Support request] I can’t see / use Sections

Home Forums Support I can’t see / use Sections

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alejandro

Hello, I’ve just purchased GP Premium in order to use the Sections option. I used this feature in the past and I was very comfortable working with that, but I can’t see it in the configurations of GP Premium or use it directly when I create a new Page, I don’t know why. Does this feature is no longer supported or it change the way it works?
    BTW, i have deleted all plugins of my site, except for GP Premium of course

Help me please! thank you so much in advance…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Our Sections module is now officially deprecated. It will continue to work/be activated on sites that have it activated, but it will no longer be available in the list of modules to be activated.

Sections was our very first attempt at a “page builder” back in the days before page builders were popular. It was a big part of our development, but with the emergence of the block editor and GenerateBlocks, it’s no longer needed.

See Tom’s reply here as well:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/previous-latest-gpp-version-1-12-3/#post-1754467

Alejandro

Hi Leo

Thank you very much for your answer

I visited Tom’s reply but , I’m sorry I’m not an expert on WordPress (I’m a very casual user and only understand a few things of html at most) , I can’t understand about the snipset , can you explain to me how to active Sections ? It would mean a lot to me

Thank you !

Alejandro

Snippet * sorry

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The snippet can be added using one of these methods:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

That being said, if you don’t have much experience in coding, then I’d highly recommend going with the Gutenberg editor with the container blocks from GenerateBlocks.

There isn’t a good reason to use Sections anymore with the new combo above. It’s much easier to use and you can achieve almost anything without writing a line of HTML and CSS.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.