[Resolved] I can't get the features of premium GeneratePress to work

Home Forums Support [Resolved] I can't get the features of premium GeneratePress to work

Home Forums Support I can't get the features of premium GeneratePress to work

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Carl

I have no boxes to choose topography, or colors, or anything. All it does is continue to show the videos that check the square boxes…just operating like the free version, and premium gp plugin not working.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not quite sure if I understand.

Are you getting any specific errors?

Are you unable to activate the add-ons like suggested here?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#activate-your-modules

Carl

Hi Leo,
    I don’t have the boxes that I can check to use the functions like your screenshot.
    GeneratePress 2.2.2 top line
    I simply have backgrounds – learn more you show a box > []background -activate
    I don’t have any activate.

I don’t have a box up in the right corner to paste the key to my license?

I have the zip folders showing several times inside my computer.

My options for install are open -show in folder they are saved and in a zip folder…
    I have two additional downloads showing in my bottom task bar.

Somehow, it is not functioning properly.

The GeneratePress 2.2.2 is in my dashboard and the theme is installed on my website.
    Is their any particular plugin that causes conflicts?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you don’t have the “Activate” links or the license key box, it means GP Premium isn’t activated.

If you go to the Plugins area of your Dashboard, does GP Premium have a blue background?

Carl

Hi Tom,
    Yep, I knew it wasn’t right. I got my hosting service to install the plugin for me. I am not good with unzipping these files, I am spoiled by the dashboard install of wordpress plugins. I moved it into dropbox, then copied the link into a support ticket, they took it from there. I spent the day rearranging menus, and colors changes…logo install, it’s working good now.

I do have one question!! How do I change the font color of the heading in the widget sidebar. Now, it is a plugin, and it says it has not been tested with this version of wordpress. It is the “Recent Post Widget With Thumbnails.” The visual is fine, but the font is in blue, I want black if possible.
    Thank you,
    Carl

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can change the link color in Customizer > Colors > Sidebar Widget.

Carl

HI David,
    Ok,Let me explain. I did change the TEXT color to black in the sidebar widget. But,the title remained BLUE. Now, I couldn’t figure that out, for awhile. Then I looked at the link button, and it was BLUE. It took awhile, but it finally dawned on me, that the Recent Post Thumbnails plugin, was making those excerpts “clickable” …well of course! So, when I changed the LINK tab to black, it fixed it.

Now I have another question. In the GeneratePress dashboard where I pasted my license key, there is a red tag saying …[ not receiving updates ]…So, I have gone back and copied my licence number(twice), and pasted it in there. It is still there [ not receiving updates ] I don’t know what else to do there.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Usually that’s the right way to do it.

Can you make sure there isn’t an extra space or anything like that when you copy the license key?

Carl

absolutely as sure as I can be…pasted the license key …no spaces…still [ not updating} I am now showing on top [ cURL error 7: couldn\’t connect to host ]

This is always the case everytime I get a premium theme. It just endless troubleshooting.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Carl

Hi loe,
    Ok, I have sent my hosting a request to fix this.
    Thank You!
    Carl

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.