[Resolved] I cannot limit the image size on the singular product

Home Forums Support [Resolved] I cannot limit the image size on the singular product

Home Forums Support I cannot limit the image size on the singular product

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Noemina

I cannot limit the image size on the singular product and the size of the thumbnails
    https://noeminamelides.com/produto/leopard-flower-rust-2/

I made a workaround and used another block for the archives but I cannot do that in singular product because I really want to use the gallery from woocommerce. I want them to have a max height and to do the automatic rezise as the item in the end of that page in the Related Product sections have.

Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

To clarify: Do you want the product image to be smaller or do you want it to be cropped into something like this? https://share.getcloudapp.com/kpuNDLGE

Let us know.

Noemina

Hi, I want the image to be smaller and Generate Press is supposed to manage that but the menu doesn’t affect the outcome, the ToolSet Support helped me with the code to insert into the page:
    .woocommerce div.product div.images img {
    display: block;
    width: auto;
    max-height: 600px;
    box-shadow: none;
    }
    But you should fix te situation too.
    Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

.woocommerce div.product div.images img {
    display: block;
    width: auto;
    max-height: 600px;
    box-shadow: none;
    }

This approach(CSS) is pretty similar what is done with the screenshot provided on my previous reply.

But you should fix te situation too.

If you meant the Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce not working, that’s a WooCommerce issue as its the plugin that adds it there. This is not something GeneratePress or GP Premium adds in.

You can even test this out by changing to a default WordPress theme and Disabling GP Premium. Even when changing to a default WP theme and disabling GP Premium, you’ll still see the option there.

As to why it doesn’t work, perhaps it has something to do with WordPress 5.6. And this is something to be patched on WooCommerce’s end.

As for WooCommerce related GP Premium feature, the closest thing to image adjustment is Product Image Area Width which affects the image container, not the image itself.

Everything else not found in the UI is done with custom CSS. (actual resizing of the image within the layout)

Note: You can have it requested as a feature request if you’d like. If it gets on the top of the request list, Tom will most likely add it in. 🙂

Noemina

For me it’s solved now, I think that the most important part now is to stay here where anyone with the same problem can find the solution. Thanks for the help

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

For me it’s solved now, I think that the most important part now is to stay here where anyone with the same problem can find the solution. Thanks for the help

Nice one. Thanks for sharing. And yes, we don’t delete any topics. The accumulation of solved topics serves as a knowledgebase for everyone as we keep for all visitors to see. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.