[Resolved] I am trying to change my header background color, but it's not working

Home Forums Support I am trying to change my header background color, but it's not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Richlyn

Hi All,

I have been trying to change the color of my header according to this article https://docs.generatepress.com/article/colors-overview/.

Both the backgrounds and color add ons are activated. When I click on colors, then header, I only have the option to change the color of the site title.

Under “More header controls,” there’s 1) layout 2) Typography and 3)Backgrounds

When i click on “backgrounds” it skips, and takes me to “background images” and there’s no option for me to change the background color of the header.

Please let me know what I need to do to change this.

Thanks so much.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This is what you should see in Colors > Header when the Colors add-on is activated:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/N2txpoqsFMUn

If that’s not what you are seeing, can you disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate any unknown conflicts?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Richlyn

HI Leo,

I deactivated all of my plugins and its still not working. It still only shows “Site Title” and nothing else.

Thanks

Richlyn

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You’re using your navigation as your header (https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-as-a-header/), so the header colors won’t show (as they won’t work).

Instead, you can change the navigation background color.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Richlyn

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. You are correct. I saw that I am using my navigation as a header. I have the generate press Marketer theme.

I followed your advice and it still doesn’t work. It seems like there’s a glitch here or something. Everytime I click on “backgrounds” to customize the background it doesn’t provide me any options to do so. It just skips straight to “Background Images” with no option to change the color.

I click on 1) customize, 2) layout, 3) header ( the “use navigation as header” is checked)

Before that I see “more header controls” that have the options of “colors, typography, and backgrounds”.

I click on the “background” option from under this menu “more header controls” and this is what takes me to “background images”. so it looks like this (customizing>background images)

I don’t know what else I can do to make this work besides uninstalling the theme and trying again.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Richlyn

Richlyn

Hi Tom,
    I finally figured it out. I went under colors and clicked “primary navigation” and was able to change the color from there. Thank you.

Richlyn

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it sorted πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.