[Support request] I am an able to update elements i.e. custom footer. I can also not edit button

Home Forums Support [Support request] I am an able to update elements i.e. custom footer. I can also not edit button

Home Forums Support I am an able to update elements i.e. custom footer. I can also not edit button

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anwar

Hi, I have found out that my licence had expired I thought it might be the problem, I have updated my licenses but still I can not edit buttons and also the elements can be updated I do not know the reason please help me… I think maybe its a bug
    null this but link can not be edited
    it keeps showing that message everytime i try to save

Help please I am using generate press premium and generate blocks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

go to Settings > Permanlinks, set the structure to default, and click save changes.
    Then retry editing and saving then Element.

Anwar

who changing url structure will cause lots of problems sir, its huge ask then? is there any other way…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is it only that element that will not save ?

Anwar

I have tried another element it also does not save, and also the buttons I have tried for different posts can also not be edited…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So posts and pages are also having problems?

If so that’s likely not a GP issue – you can try activating a Twenty series default theme to test.

I would recommend trying #1 here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Anwar

I have tried everything. I also contacted my host it turned out cloudflare was blocking the element update due to the presence of an injection of DMCA to display its budge. Now the element is solved.
    When your theme generate blocks plus the GP premium request some stuff does it have an IP address that maybe I can white list it…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you whitelist a domain name ? Or does it have to be an IP Address?

The domains GP require are:

generatepress.com
    gpsites.co – for the site library

let me know

Anwar

I have tried that in cloudflare and it has not worked. Please provide your IP address for the main domain, for library sites and also generate blocks ips if you won’t mind. Nothing is going on unless I fix this, so please help me as soon as possible…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can find the IPs of all of our domains here: https://www.site24x7.com/find-ip-address-of-web-site.html

generatepress.com
    generateblocks.com
    gpsites.co
    library.generateblocks.com

Hope this helps!

Anwar

I have tried everything but still, I cannot edit my buttons I have even changed my theme and I have also replaced the parent theme with a child theme but still, the problem stands. I have tried with other buttons they work well. does this mean I should delete generateblocks.

I just love the plugin I deactivated it many times but still, I can not edit generatebocloks buttons. I think maybe its a bug because the link can even be tapped for changing.

I don’t like it when a plugin’s course is frustrating. I have invested in generatepress premium and I love it so much. Nevertheless, I do not use any page builder. Do something, please.
    I use Cloudflare premium they checked, my host also did their part. It is evident that the plugin is the one with problems. Do something please.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It’s not a bug in the plugin or theme or more people would be experiencing it.

That being said, we should be able to find the issue.

Can you turn on debugging?: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

More specifically:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Then try saving again to make the error happen.

Now go to the wp-content folder on your server and open the debug.log file.

What are the latest couple of log entries?

Anwar

If i delete the plugin and re-install it again will it delete its data, for instance, I am using generateblockks in different areas of the site? Will this mean I will have to redesign the site again…?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

All of your content, styles and the plugin settings are saved in your database, so deleting the plugin won’t affect that.

But… are you able to try what Tom suggests ? As that will help pinpoint the issue whereas re-installing a plugin may not.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.