[Resolved] Hyperlinks

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hyperlinks

Home Forums Support Hyperlinks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Daniel

I am unable to add hyperlinks. I have disabled every plug in except Generate Press and Generate Blocks and the problem continues.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you explain a bit more?

What issue are you having?

Daniel

When I highlight a word to link to a url and then hit submit in the Gutenberg window the word or phrase does not highlight and although the url shows in the link window there is no link in the block or in the published piece.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does the issue exist if you use a twenty series WP default theme?

Daniel

No. In fact it does not exist, when I also use the Metro Studio Press theme on another website of mine. Yes, happy with the support.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So it works with a twenty series default theme?

Can you show me a couple of screenshots of what’s happening so I can try to replicate the issue?

You can use a service like this to upload screenshots:
    https://postimages.org/

Daniel

I can tell you it works with the 2020 WordPress default theme. And themes I have on other websites. The only theme on which I can use a hyperlink is Generate Press and I have the premium version installed.This is how it looks right before I hit submit button. After I hit submit there is no hyperlink.

Daniel

That should read the only theme on which I cannot use a hyperlink is Generate Press. On the above image I had highlighted “walk-off” and after hitting submit there was no link.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you send me the dashboard credentials to take a look?

You can send the dashboard access using Account Issue here:
    https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please include the following information:
    – The URL of this topic.
    – Login URL.
    – Username and password.

Please disable all plugins, custom function and activate the parent theme (if you are using a child theme).

Thanks!

Daniel

All plug ins have been deactivated. The only theme being used is Generate Press. I am also including another image from my other website sportsmediabeat.com where the hyperlink works, using the Donovan theme.
    hyperlink working on other website, using Donovan theme

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm the link option is actually working for me but it’s just the same color as the text:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/SnOIUVqp5

Maybe what you want is to change the link color under Customizer > Colors > Content?

Also please make sure to avoid posting your dashboard access in an open forum here – everyone can see it 🙂

Daniel

Followed your recommendation. Yes the link is there, but after I went into customizer and changed colors (#2f4367) for link, link hover, and text, the changes did not show up, when post was updated. In other words, “walk off” has a hyperlink and an arrow shows if you hover over those words, but the words themselves are not darkened so the reader will not no there is a link there.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try setting a color to something that’s not #2f4367?

The normal text color is also #2f4367 so obviously the link wouldn’t show?

Or am I missing something here?

Daniel

Dah! Of course. Problem solved. You’re not “missing” anything here. I got confused between text color and link color. My myopic brain was looking for a link-text color, which obviously does not exist. No more problem. The earth has been restored to its axis, despite my ignorance. Thanks so much for your help. My apologies, if I put you through the ringer. And go Generate Press, the best theme out there!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.