[Support request] Huge amounts of Font code

Home Forums Support [Support request] Huge amounts of Font code

Home Forums Support Huge amounts of Font code

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Mark

Hi there,

I’ve just noticed large amounts of font code across all pages of our site. It seems to cover all languages. I’m pretty sure this never used to happen.

Can you help me determine what it is and if I can, get rid of it?

Thanks

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Mark,

Can you try #1 here to test if a plugin is causing this?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Let us know how it goes.

Mark

Hi Fernando,

I tried it, but issue still persists. The only plugin I did not disable was Really Simple SSL, because I am very nervous about disabling that – I doubt Really Simple SSL is causing the issue though.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. In Appearance > Customize > Typography, can you try temporarily disabling the “Use Google Fonts API” option in all your Fonts? Example: https://share.getcloudapp.com/eDun950n

Let us know if doing so removes the bulk font codes.

Mark

Still no joy. I could see the font style change after making the change – still the bloat code

Fernando
    Customer Support

Would you remember if you loaded this font – Open Sans anywhere on your site – Either through a plugin or custom code?

Mark

Sorry, I don’t understand? I just added via the Typography section in GP. I don;t use plugins or custom code for fonts (I don’t believe anyway)

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. Do you have a Staging site where we can take a closer look? Can you provide admin access to it if so?

Please use the Private Information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Mark

I don;t know if this helps or hinders, but there already is a staging version of the site (in private area) and it’s been around for a few months.

It looks like all the bloat font code is NOT on this staging site.

Is it worth you look at that in case you spot anything? If you can’t I can always delete this old staging site and create a new one for you to look at .

Fernando
    Customer Support

Can you create a new one that’s in the exact same state as your Live site? It will be easier this way.

We’ll try to check the exact setup and disable plugins while testing.

Mark

Done.

Note that I can’t replicate the issue with the newly created staging site!

Mark

Hi Fernando – did you spot anything?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Mark,

Can you check the credentials if they are correct? I tried logging in with them, and it says that the password is incorrect.

Mark

Try these creds

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. If you View the Page Source of your Staging site, it seems the issue doesn’t exist there.

Is the Staging site an exact copy of the Live site currently? If so, the issue may stem from your server.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.