[Resolved] HTML to GB blocks. Is it possible?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] HTML to GB blocks. Is it possible?

Home Forums Support HTML to GB blocks. Is it possible?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marcel

I found some HTML+CSS code that allows me to create a slider. I wonder if it would be possible to transpose their divs from HTML to GB blocks, give them their respective CSS classes and get the same end result. Here is the Codepen snippet:https://codepen.io/alvarotrigo/pen/bGqgqeK

More details on the private area.
    Thank you.
    Marcel

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Marcel,

Unfortunately it will require quite a bit of custom coding to implement the Codepen solution with GB.

I would recommend either find a slider plugin that works well or just go with the exact solution provided by CodePen.

Marcel

Hello again,

Leo, I tried to “adapt” somehow Codepen’s solution to my needs. Although I managed to get the containers to slide, I still need a little help with the CSS (I’m sure it’s something straightforward, but I’m really bad with CSS at the moment).

As you can see in this recording, the main container “jumps” to the top when I try to go to the next slide.

Do you think you can help me with some CSS here?

In the private area is the URL address where I made this experiment.

Thank you.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s normal behavior, as when you click on a number, it takes you to the HTML anchor (you will notice it at the end of the URL).

It’s not something that CSS can fix.

Marcel

Hello Ying,

Yes, it should “jump” to the next URL, but inside the main container. I have to make the main container to stay “fixed” on page.
    I am sorry, but this is not the normal behaviour.
    On the other side, I know my problem is not directly related to Generatepress support, so no worries.
    I love you, guys, even I didn’t get the desired answer.
    I will mark this topic as “resolved” even it is not.
    All the best
    Marcel

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m telling you it’s normal behavior not because it’s not related to GP, but it is normal behavior based on the method you are using 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.