[Support request] How use Add Social Icons on Blog Footer & Header

Home Forums Support [Support request] How use Add Social Icons on Blog Footer & Header

Home Forums Support How use Add Social Icons on Blog Footer & Header

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chandresh Bisht

I just installed GeneratePress on my site : Deals Zone

Looking to add social icons on Footer and header (just next to logo). How can I do it?
    Tried Lightweight Social Icons plugin but it’s now working well.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you want to add the social icons using the Lightweight Social Icons plugin in the Header Widget i can take a look at what the issue is.

Chandresh Bisht

Let me again try with Lightweight Social Icons plugin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK let us know

Hugh

Could i ask why this isn’t at least baked into the pro version of GeneratePress by now? Seems like a feature almost every site needs out of the gate now days.

I understand there are work-arounds, but seems like an important enough feature to add.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Our main concern is adding a few icons to the theme would not provide enough choice for all the designs people require, and in turn lead to redundant code for a lot of users who don’t need them or choose to use a plugin / custom function.

However, we have just launched GenerateBlocks which among lots of other things, simplifies adding Icons to a site, and with GPP 1.11 adding them to the theme became even easier with Block Elements.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.