[Resolved] how to use my custom block element (sidebar)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] how to use my custom block element (sidebar)

Home Forums Support how to use my custom block element (sidebar)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Susan

Hi
    I have created a block element. which I have called custom sidebar The block is right sidebar
    I want to apply this to a page (that has been set as location) and add widgets
    I do not know how to do this as the option is not showing up on the customiser for that page.
    The page is called Youtube
    Can you help?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Susan,

To clarify, are you referring to adding widgets to the custom sidebar?

If so, you’ll need to add it to the Element itself. Try going to the specific element in Appearance > Elements, and add Blocks.

Susan

Thanks for your reply
    I want to add widgets and then make sure the sidebar displays on my youtube page.

I do not understand your answer as when I find my sidebar block in Elements there are no options available.

I am feeling really despondent as I have been trying for a could of days and I cannot resolve this issue.
    Are there any plugins you know of that definitely work -that I could try instead.

Do you think the fact that I am working on a staging sire with Jetpack save mode could have anything to do with it?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Here’s a sample of what I mean: https://share.getcloudapp.com/Kou1OWJ1

Try adding Blocks first, and let’s see if they will appear on that specific page.

Susan

Hi Fernando
    Thanks for your help.

I have decided to adapt my planned layout for the page -using just 1 sidebar plus the footer to display the videos.

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. You’re welcome Susan!

Susan

I will take a look at your suggestions later on, once I have had a break. Thanks!

Fernando
    Customer Support

Alright! Let us know how it goes. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.