[Support request] How to use individual footer widget

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to use individual footer widget

Home Forums Support How to use individual footer widget

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jillis

Hi there,

I can’t find the answer on my question below:

I have used footer widgets 1,2 and 3 on my home page.
    But in a different page I also want to use a footer widget, footer widget 4 and 5 only.
    The last 2 widgets I want to use together and on other page(s) separated.

How can I use a specific footer widget, or a selection of them, 4 and 5 or 3 and 5 etc?
    Thank you very much for helping out!

Jillis

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I think that might over complicate things.

Instead, I would use a plugin like this: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/display-widgets/

That allows you to display certain widgets on certain pages.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Jillis

Unfortunately, it will not do what I hoped it will.It does turn off the widget I made but it also put the standard text back how the widget is at start when you start with widgets with Generate Press.
    Some other options?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would use the Footer Widgets meta box to set a different number of footer widgets on that specific page: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/choosing-footer-widgets/

I guess the issue here could be if you have a widget in the Footer Widget 1 area that you don’t need on every page. However, you could just add another widget into that same area for the page that is showing the default widget message instead.

Jillis

I don’t understand this last reply with codes.
    Isn’t there just a easy way or script to put 1 (or more) of the 5 widget on and off, so you can choose which one you want to see and which not?

Jillis

I have tried a lot with these codes but no solution will occur. I hope you can help me out to solve this. thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The code part isn’t applicable in this situation, but the on page meta box is: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/choosing-footer-widgets/#individual

Basically, there’s no way to tell a page to use Footer Widget 4 instead of Footer Widget 1. They all go in order from 1-5.

If you want to show a different in the footer widget 1 area on a different page, you would need to use the Display Widgets plugin I linked to.

Jillis

Well Tom,

like I told you before that would not work because when I put widgets out the code puts the content out. What happens is that the widget is still visible but then in the primaire setting with the text ( I translate from Dutch) “Replace this widget content go to Appearance/Widgets and drop the widget to the widget area…

So basic this could be the solution I need but only when the appearance of the whole widget and content will disappear.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The thing is, that message should never appear as long as there’s always a widget available in that widget area.

If footer widgets are going to be view-able on the page, there always needs to be at least 1 widget in the “Footer Widget 1” area.

Using a plugin like Display Widgets, you can add 10 widgets to the “Footer Widget 1” area, and make them each show up on different pages.

So your first widget in that area might show up on one page, while the next might show up on the next page and so on.

If a specific page only has a widget in the “Footer Widget 1” area, and no other areas, you can tell that page to display show the 1 widget area: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/choosing-footer-widgets/#individual

I hope that makes sense – this is just the way the footer widgets work in this scenario.

Jillis

You give me the same answer over again.
    It will not work because of what I wrote before.
    Hereby a link of an image how it appear. For your understanding, all my 5 footer widgets are foreseen of content (text and image). But when I turn the widget on invisible, it still IS visible but than like image below! I have put the first 3 widgets on HIDE and widget 4 and 5 on Show.

Jillis
    Jillis

I have found an other plug-in to hide the widgets. Your suggestions does NOT support Generate Press because it is not set for the newest WordPress.
    So 1 problem solved.

Now I have visible footer widhget 4and 5 but they are to small.
    So I put your code for different widths for each widget in, but this doesn’t work either.
    I have set them so together they will be 100%. Nothing works!!

Did you recently test it yourself?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Display Widgets has 200,000+ active installs – it still works with WP 4.6.1.

You can try adding some CSS like this on the page:

@media (min-width: 769px) {
        .footer-widget-4,
        .footer-widget-5 {
            width: 50%;
        }
    }

You can add it on that specific page only using the Simple CSS meta box: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-css/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.