[Resolved] How to ude different footer widgets

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to ude different footer widgets

Home Forums Support How to ude different footer widgets

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Per Handberg

Hi
    I really like this theme, but I have a little problem.
    I would like to use different footer widgets on different pages – ex. I have a front page with two footer widgets, then I have two pages with only one footer widget each – on the first I will use footer widget 1 and on the second footer widget 2.
    But when I chose to have only one footer widget on a page it’s automatically widget 1, that shows up.
    Can you help me?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This plugin should do exactly what you’re looking for: https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-widgets/

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Per Handberg

Hi Tom
    Thanks! But …
    I’ve installed Display Widgets and activeted it, but unfortunately I can’t see any changes in the dashboards widget-area. There a no extra checkboxes or anything. I run the 4.1.1-version af WordPress, and that could be the problem.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Shouldn’t be a problem – are you sure the plugin is activated?

If so, you should see options beneath each widget content area that look like these: https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-widgets/screenshots/

Per Handberg

Hi again
    Well, I turned off Accessibility Mode in wordpress dashboard, and then I could see the new content area under each widget, but I still can’t make it work.
    On my front page i have both footer-widgets, on my second page I have only footer-widget 1, and when I on my third page make the settings: only one footer-widget – hide footer-widget 1 and show footer-widget 2 i shows up like:

“Footer Widget 1
    Replace this widget content by going to Appearance / Widgets and dragging widgets into Footer Area 1.
    To remove or choose the number of footer widgets, go to Appearance / Customize / Layout / Footer Widgets.”

So I still can’t figure out how to make a page with only one footer-widget, that shows footer-widget 2.
    Per

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

On the page you can specify to show 1-5 widgets, but you can’t tell it to use widget area 2 to display in that first widget area.

In this case, I would add the widget to the first widget area, and set the options to only show it on the page where you’re displaying one widget area.

Let me know if that makes sense ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.