[Resolved] How to split a long heading into 2 lines

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to split a long heading into 2 lines

Home Forums Support How to split a long heading into 2 lines

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tunyar

Hi, is it possible to the heading into two lines? For example, I have a long heading like this ==> “xxxxxxxxx 2022: yyyyyyyyy”. I’d like to move the y section to a second line. Thanks.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Is this heading built with a headline or heading block?

If not, can you link me to the page and point me to the headline?

Tunyar

Hi Ying, I’m using Avery template. So, I believe that the heading is built with a heading block.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Tunyar,

Can you share the link to the specific page in question? Can you also point us where we can see the Headline?

You may use the Private Information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Tunyar

Yes, sure. How can we break a long headline (2 phrases) into 2 lines?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Thank you.

It already wraps by default if exceeds the available width. How would you like it to appear? Can you share a sketch?

Tunyar

I want the first part of the title to be centred and appear in the first line and the second part in the second line. Is this possible? Thanks.

Fernando
    Customer Support

That would be possible but you’ll need custom code.

One approach is to create a custom field with the help of ACF: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/getting-started-with-acf/

You’ll need to add a “subtitle” field for your posts. Then, manually move the “second part” of your title to that field.

Then, go to Appearance > Elements > Global Posts Headers, and add a GB Headline Block. Enable its Dynamic Data and set the source to post meta – and set your custom field.

This should assure that there’s a definite first and second part for your titles.

Tunyar

Thanks Fernando.

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Tunyar!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.