[Resolved] How to show posts from blog category, on home page too?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to show posts from blog category, on home page too?

Home Forums Support How to show posts from blog category, on home page too?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nicole

I have a blog and monthly book club, so I have categories set up for posting to each. I want the most recent 4 or 5 posts (ONLY from the blog category) to show up on the home page too. Is there a way of setting this up in the settings, short code I can add to the editor, or a plugin that can make this happen? Thx

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Give Tom’s WP Show Posts plugin a shot: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-posts/

Nicole

WOW LOVE THIS PLUGIN! Solved my issue perfectly, thanks Leo & Tom!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could help πŸ™‚

Nicole

WP Show Posts is showing recent posts on my home page, perfectly. Any reason why the “read more” button just reloads the same page though, instead of bringing people TO the blog post, like it’s supposed to?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That doesn’t sounds right.

I currently don’t see read more buttons on home page though?

Nicole

Well, I removed them because they weren’t working. They just reloaded the existing page

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you re-activate it so we can see why it isn’t working?

Nicole

Ok, I’ve activated the plugin. Let me know if you can figure out what’s going on.

Do I have to enter a link manually somewhere, for each post, for the “read more” button to work?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange – can you deactivate your other plugins to see if there’s a conflict somewhere?

Nicole

I’m pretty with life at the moment, so I’ve just deactivated the buttons for now, and once things slow down I’ll look into this issue further. The rest of the plugin is working fine, so it’s not that big of an issue that the buttons aren’t working.

Thx πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem – let me know if you decide to tackle it again πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.