[Resolved] How to set template for search results (using Relevanssi) to no sidebars/default

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to set template for search results (using Relevanssi) to no sidebars/default

Home Forums Support How to set template for search results (using Relevanssi) to no sidebars/default

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Laura

How would I set the template for search results (using Relevanssi) to no sidebars/default template? I am using a child theme for GP. I don’t want the sidebars to show up on the search results page.

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you should be able to use the Layout Element to disable the Sidebars and set the Display Rules to: Search Results

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

Laura

Thank you!
    I am using Elementor and found this tutorial.
    https://docs.elementor.com/article/357-customize-the-search-results-archive

I’ll give the layouts in GP a try as well.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Laura

Would this also be the best way to create a page with no primary navigation and no footers and no sidebars? I think I read a support post you answered where you said you had a way other than using Canvas because that way doesn’t have any hooks. If I want a clean landing page with a registration form and link to another clean page with a few things but no nav…what’s the best way to do that?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes my preferred method of creating a ‘blank canvas’ is to use the Layout Element to remove what i don’t need, set the Content width etc…

Laura

Perfect! The layouts tool is GREAT!!! Solves all kinds of needs. THANKS for that! 🙂 Search results working great now!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – happy to be of help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.