[Resolved] How to set padding to page title?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to set padding to page title?

Home Forums Support How to set padding to page title?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gideon

Hi,

As a result of getting rid of the site.content padding I now would like to add padding to the page titles only. Is there an easy way to do this? (without coding ;))

Regards,
    Gideon

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Gideon,

I assume you want some left padding for the title? Unfortunately CSS is needed here but it’s super easy:

.entry-header {
        padding-left: 10px;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

The easiest way would be copy and paste the code above into the Additional CSS field.

Let me know.

Gideon

OK, that was quite easy indeed!

Thanks again!

Can I ask why it cannot be done through the customizer?
    It seems quite basic functionality. Will it be added?
    Off course I might be mistaking!

Regards,
    Gideon

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I would think most people would have some content padding so there is no need to add extra padding to the title.

Since you are using Elementor for the rest of the page, you could also consider disable default title using disable element and just add the title in using Elementor? then it should have the same container as the paragraph below.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-elements-overview/

Gideon

I agree, however it looks like Elementor has some padding of its own (due to columns within sections?). Because of that it would be nice to be able to only add padding to the page title as it’s not an Elementor element.

Just an idea… more and more people discover how awesome Elementor is! So I would think that the need for this will grow.

The idea you suggest to disable the default title might work as well although I would think the other option (to be able to set padding for the page title through the customizer would be “better” (easier for users to find).

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think most people who are using page builders will generally use it for the entire content part so it’s almost easier to manage.

We just haven’t had too many people asking for this but I’ll ask Tom to consider for sure ๐Ÿ™‚

Gideon

Well I only ran into the issue of the content padding because I inserted the shape dividers of Elementor and that’s a pretty new feature.

Thanks for asking Tom though! ๐Ÿ™‚ He already replied stating that it would probably be better to not remove the content padding (but instead only on those pages that require it). However, since I am using Elementor for all pages they already have some (a little but imo just enough) padding…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.