[Support request] How to set global style to all buttons not matter if pages, post, blog…

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to set global style to all buttons not matter if pages, post, blog…

Home Forums Support How to set global style to all buttons not matter if pages, post, blog…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dexafio

Hi there, How could we set not only colors for button, but radios, etc for every button in a website when are made with GPP and GBP.
    Thank´s in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP itself only outputs a button for certain things such as Read More, Load More Posts, Post Navigation.
    It adds an Input field for the Navigation search.
    But thats about all it adds in regards to HTML Form Elements.

So it really depends on how those buttons and input elements are added to the site.

Can you share links to any pages on your site that show the elements you need to style ?

Paul

I don’t mean to speak for Raul, but perhaps he’s asking about global styles? (Edit: yes, “global styles” is right in the subject line… doh!) I have been wondering about those myself and find it a little odd that they are not part of GP.

Unless I’m mistaken, if you want to ensure that consistent styles are applied site-wide to something like a button (or anything else) you have to do it via Simple CSS or an external style sheet, etc. It would be nice to be able to use the same GP UI to create global styles just like when styling an individual element.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

We are working on integrations between GeneratePress theme styles and GenerateBlocks styles. For buttons this would be making it so GenerateBlocks buttons would use the Theme Button styles by default or possibly allow GB to style the theme buttons. Which is doable, but there are complications we have to overcome first.

For other HTML Input Elements such as fields, radio buttons, check boxes etc. that becomes more complicated, as the Theme does not output the HTML for them. They are generally added by another plugin or custom HTML. And they may have their own styles and classes the theme does not know about. If i can see them, i can advise 🙂

Paul

Good point David. I purchased GP and GB at the same time so sometimes I get confused about what’s what.

Perhaps there’s an opportunity for an add-on or additional product called GenerateStyles to put it all together.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

We are looking at ways to extend GenerateBlocks CSS engine which would allow for custom class styling – so GB could in theory style non GB and GP elements. I added this to my notes for future reference.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.