[Resolved] How to selectively display Post Titles in Abstract theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to selectively display Post Titles in Abstract theme

Home Forums Support How to selectively display Post Titles in Abstract theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martin

Hi,
    I’m using the Abstract theme which does not display the post title by default. I would like to selectively display the post title on certain categories of posts.I’ve created an element with the following code
    <?php echo ‘<h1>’ . get_the_title() . ‘</h1>’;
    and applied it to the generate_before_content hook, but I get a critical error when i publish the element.

What should I do instead please? Also i’m curious to know how the post titles have been hidden in this theme.

Many thanks for your help.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What should I do instead please? Also i’m curious to know how the post titles have been hidden in this theme.

Go to Appearance > Elements. By default, Abstract site template adds in a Layout Element labeled “GenerateBlocks Pages”.

This Layout element disables the content title through its Disable Elements tab. If you check its Disabled elements tab, you’d see “Content Title” checked.

On its display rule tab, you’d see this setting: https://share.getcloudapp.com/d5uwlzb6

If you want more pages to have their titles hidden, you can add them on its display rule. If you want the page title to should up, make sure the page is not included on the display rule location. 🙂

Martin

I get it. Fantastic support. Thanks Elvin

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.