[Resolved] How to replace Heading & Buttons blocks with GB Headline & Button blocks

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to replace Heading & Buttons blocks with GB Headline & Button blocks

Home Forums Support How to replace Heading & Buttons blocks with GB Headline & Button blocks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christopher

Hi there,

I’d like to fully replace the builtin Gutenbery blocks ‘ Heading ‘ and ‘Buttons’ with the GenerateBlocks alternatives ‘ Headline ‘ and ‘Buttons’

Is there a way to do this?

One issue is that some clients prefer to copy and paste text into a post from an external document or email. Gutenberg does a reasonable job of converting this text to blocks, but it prefers it’s own headings block.
    Is there a way to make it prefer your ‘headline’ block?

Thank you in advance……

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

unfortunately not, the markup is completely different.
    You can of course style the themes Headings and Buttons to match your GB headlines and buttons.

If you need a hand styling the button to match then share us a link of your GB buttons and we’ll see what we can do.

Martin

Yea, it would be such a time-saver if this could be fixed. I’m trying to copy across our privacy policy from another site but wanted to use Headline for the headings and body text. It’s taking forever, Guttenberg could guess perfectly what was title and what was paragraph, but I have to change each individual paragraph to Headline, which is a huge pain.

Also the name Headline has me a little confused, as there isn’t a Generateblocks paragraph block, I presume that to use Generate’s nice formatting we need to use the Headline block for paragraphs. Wouldn’t it make sense to call it something like GenerateText?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Headline Block was added as a design element, for example when designing a Call to Action or other type of design element that requires different styling to the themes typography.

We don’t recommend it for writing posts or page content, that should really be left to the core Heading block which will match the theme settings.

Martin

Thanks for the rapid response David – that will make life much easier.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.
    If you need any assistance with styling the theme buttons then let us know!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.