[Resolved] How to remove Woocommerce entirely

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to remove Woocommerce entirely

Home Forums Support How to remove Woocommerce entirely

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi. As an experiment for a possible bookstore page, I activated the Woocommerce feature in my GPP theme a month ago. We decided to solve the bookstore in a different way that will not require Woocommerce. The potential store was never populated or developed.

So now I want to delete/remove it entirely, particularly all the related hidden pages it automatically created that now show up in Google Console. If I deactivate the Woocommerce add-on in Appearance > GeneratePress, are there other steps I ALSO need to do to clean all of this stuff out? I’ve looked through your earlier help responses regarding Woocommerce removal, and none seem to apply to me. I want complete removal in every way, as if I never activated it in the first place, not just hiding or deactivating. Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Woocommerce Module in GPP simply adds some extra customizer features to the theme. So you can disable that module.
    Removing ALL the other stuff would mean deleting all the Woocommerce Products / Categories etc. and then delete the Woocommerce Plugin and any other related extension plugins you may have installed.

Michael

Thanks for your reply.
    “Removing ALL the other stuff would mean deleting all the Woocommerce Products / Categories etc. and then delete the Woocommerce Plugin and any other related extension plugins you may have installed.”
    How to accomplish the above? Manually via our hosting service? Or…?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, you can do it manually.

Michael

Thanks. I manually deleted all Woocommerce-related pages from my WP Pages list, and as mentioned earlier deactivated the Woocommerce add-on in GP. Anything else to manually do that comes to mind? Thanks.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Woocommerce plugin and Woocommerce related plugins (eg.payment gateway)are all deleted?

And products?

Michael

How do I delete the Woocommerce plugin? I deactivated Woocommerce in the Appearance > GP list. Does that do it, or is there another step required?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just like delete other plugins:

Go to plugins > installed plugins, find the Woocommerce plugin, deactivate it, delete it.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/hp4cK4Gg1zTO

Michael

Okay, thanks! Done.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.