[Resolved] how to remove page header section that copies across with page clone?

Home Forums Support how to remove page header section that copies across with page clone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas

how to remove page header section that copies across with page cloned by yoast clone plugin suggested by your support?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Can you link us to the site in question?

Perhaps you’re using a Header Element. If so, simply remove the Header Element w/ Display Location rule set to those page.

These Header Elements are found on Appearance > Elements.

More on Header Elements here – https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Nicholas

please check page url in private field

Nicholas

please check url in private field

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thank you.

And yes, your site is indeed using a Header Element.

You can find and remove this Header Element from the Elements list on Dashboard > Appearance > Elements.

A wise man once said:

Nicholas

yes, but i still want it to be there for standard pages added, these are special landing pages.
    Would i then just go to layout and check the header element to be excluded on that page? Or can i assign the header element to only certain pages?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

yes, but i still want it to be there for standard pages added, these are special landing pages.

Oh right if that’s the case, you can keep the Header Element and simply set the display rule location to display only on the pages you want it to display.

Would i then just go to layout and check the header element to be excluded on that page? Or can i assign the header element to only certain pages?

Yes that’s right. You can use the Display Rule’s “Exclude” function for the pages you don’t want it to display on.

A wise man once said:

Nicholas

Hi Please video walkthrough, not working or I’m not doing it right

thanks
    see video in private field

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Please video walkthrough, not working or I’m not doing it right

Oh yeah, you’re setting the display location and the exclude on the same target. That’s not going to work.

To clarify: Do you want the header to display on all pages except the Depression Clinic page?

If so, here’s the proper display rule:
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/E0urZZeg

Btw, thank you for the screencaps. It’s really helpful.

A wise man once said:

Nicholas

“To clarify: Do you want the header to display on all images except the Depression Clinic page?”

No i just want the header not to show on the depression clinic page but show on other pages

tks

Nicholas

sorry, yes you are correct. I tmust NOt show on the depression clinic page but still show on a page added.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No i just want the header not to show on the depression clinic page but show on other pages

I mean pages, my bad.

If so, here’s the proper display rule:
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/E0urZZeg

This should do the trick.

But make sure you don’t have multiple Header Elements that are conflicting because say if you properly set the display rules on one Header Element but if the Depression Clinic page is included on the other Header Elements, some sort of page header will still display.

A wise man once said:

Nicholas

Hi

Yes. I have already attempted that with no luck, the theme still shows the header h1, so i set it back

please walkthrough in private field

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looking at your Elements list, there seems to be a conflict.

This Global Page Header element is the the one being displayed on the Depression Clinic page.
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/OAuJj2GB

As you can see in its display location rules, it is set to display on all pages w/ exclusions to home page, blog, post, about page, services page and contact page.

Since this Global Page header is set to all display, it will appear on ALL pages that is not added to the exclusion list, meaning pages like Anxiety and Depression Clinic will use that Element Header.

That said, to remove the page header on the Depression Clinic page, you must add it on the exclude list of Global Page Header Element.

A wise man once said:

Nicholas

thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.