[Resolved] How to remove Javascript?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to remove Javascript?

Home Forums Support How to remove Javascript?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mr Calvert

Can you help me function to remove javascript one by one in this list?
    generate-main-js
    navigation-search.min.js
    back-to-top.min.js
    I want to remove that to test effect. I think I not use navigation-search and back-to-top, can you give me function to remove that and CSS of its?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

You can try dequeuing them with this PHP snippet.

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'tu_remove_menu_scripts', 50 );
    function tu_remove_menu_scripts() {
        wp_dequeue_script( 'generate-back-to-top' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'generate-navigation-search' );
        wp_dequeue_script( 'generate-main' );
    }

However, the style for these can’t be easily removed without affecting other things in your site as most styles for your site are added in a single stylesheet.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Mr Calvert

Yes thanks you so much!!!

Mr Calvert

Can you help me with code css I need remove CSS of search bar and back to top buttom! I was deactive that js so I want remove css too

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you help me with code css I need remove CSS of search bar and back to top buttom! I was deactive that js so I want remove css too

This is pretty tricky as the search bar and back to top button doesn’t have their own stylesheet file.

Their default CSS styles are added within main.css while their non-default styles from Appearance > Customizer is added inline on generate-style-inline-css with again, is combined w/ every other styles.

That said, we can’t just dequeue generate-main and generate-style-inline as it will also affect other parts of the site.

However, you can just override them w/ your child theme or custom CSS added on Additional CSS.

A wise man once said:

Mr Calvert

And the last question. I was check in blog and category I see it have new js file auto call is list:
    jquery.js
    infinite-scroll.pkgd.min.js
    scripts.min.js
    And this javascript I see it call in header: script id=’generate-blog-js-extra’
    And
    script id=’generate-classlist-js’
    Have any function or turn off that? I want turn off that for testing! Can you help me that function?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can remove jquery by dequeuing it, wp_dequeue_script( 'jquery' );.

I don’t recommend doing this though. Some plugins may be using this library as well.

generate-classlist-js I believe this one is turned off by default. Its only for IE 11 browsers. You can check it on the page source as !– commented out meaning it doesn’t run.

infinite-scroll.pkgd.min.js is only added when you enable infinite scroll on the customizer. You can turn it off it the same way you enabled it on the customizer if you want it removed. generate-blog-js-extra works w/ infinite scroll script and is also removed if you disable infinite scroll.

A wise man once said:

Mr Calvert

Yes thanks you so much ^^! All best with you!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes thanks you so much ^^! All best with you!

No problem. Glad to be of any help.:)

A wise man once said:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.