[Resolved] How to remove "featured images" from displaying on posts

Home Forums Support How to remove "featured images" from displaying on posts

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ha, option a is definitely a no-go then.

Interesting issue – I’ll look into adding a class to the page header container that specifies whether it’s a featured image or a regular page header.

Question: If you have so many recipes, how have you added the header using the Page Header add-on? And why not just add your header in the “Header Content” section of the Customizer?

Richard Prisco

>>>Interesting issue – I’ll look into adding a class to the page header container that specifies whether it’s a featured image or a regular page header.
    ThanX

>>>Question: If you have so many recipes, how have you added the header using the Page Header add-on? And why not just add your header in the “Header Content” section of the Customizer?

In the page header i put just put the logo’s for the copycat recipes; as a result, there are only about 200 copycat recipes.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to one of the recipes where this issue is occurring? It will help me come up with a solution 🙂

Richard Prisco

Hi Tom,

I have this on my local test/file server which is not on the inet. I was upgrading my linux box (main web server) and I had my fifth heart attack(3 operations for that one) and then on top of all that, my mother passed away. My mother was 14 when she had me; so she was very close to me and to my age, so I have been in mourning. I am now trying to keep busy (as my wife says this is good) and keep calm (the recipes and cooking). But, I need to wait for my brother to put the server on the rack for me. Can’t lift and with me everything is done real slow, so slow i feel like a snail, sometimes I think road kills moves faster. The web box when it was running was private (just family & friends), I could have given you guest access, but until that’s up, there is no access. So I will have to try to explain via picture.

PAGE LAYOUT NOW
    ———————————————————
    Main Header
    Main menu
    ———————————————————
    <DIV class=”featuredimg”>Featured Img 1 / Your Page Header Img (from post editor)</DIV>
    here if you turn off featuredimg, both go off
    ———————————————————
    Recipe Template with recipe img. —————
    | |
    | img 1 |
    | |
    —————

———————————————————–
    Footer
    ———————————————————–

========================================================================================

PROPOSED PAGE LAYOUT
    ———————————————————
    Main Header
    Main menu
    ———————————————————
    above: <DIV class=”pgheaderimg1″>Your page header img</DIV>
    <DIV class=”featuredimg”>Featured Img 1 / NO Page Header Img (from post editor)</DIV>
    below: <DIV class=”pgheaderimg2″>Your page header img</DIV>

or choice
    In pg header settings
    Extended Page Header Setting
    [x] above featuredimg <DIV class=”pgheaderimg1″>
    [ ] below featuredimg <DIV class=”pgheaderimg2″>
    ———————————————————
    here you can …
    turn off featured img css display:none
    and still have your pg header img appear either above or below featured imgs

and now you have another enhancement to your already wonderful prog.

I hope I made myself clearer?

Thanx again for your time and wonderful prog.

Best regards,

Richard

Ramon

hi Tom, does the option is already in GP yet? display:none will load the image, and not good for speed, i hope the option will also for home, archive, and so on.. not just for is_single

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

@rtprisco – Wow, don’t know how I missed your post! Are you still needing help with this? Sorry about the huge wait!

@Ramon
    , this PHP should remove the code completely:

add_action( 'wp', 'generate_remove_single_featured_image' );
    function generate_remove_single_featured_image()
    {
        if ( is_single() ) :
            remove_action('generate_before_content','generate_featured_page_header_inside_single', 10);
        endif;
    }

Adding PHP: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-php-functions/

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.