[Resolved] How to remove blog post title element

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to remove blog post title element

Home Forums Support How to remove blog post title element

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Luke

I’m trying to remove the redundant title display when showing blog posts. I’ve managed to remove it from actual pages, but not posts themselves. You can see what I mean on my site (private link included)

Currently the title is both in pink at the top and then directly underneath it, the gray bar also has the title in black text. I’m trying to remove the pink text completely.

Thanks!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

You can use Layout Element’s Disable Element feature to remove that:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/#disable-element

Create a Layout Element on Appearance > Elements. On the Layout Element’s Disable Elements tab, you can check “Content Title”.

You then set the display rule location to “Posts – All posts”.

Luke

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it didn’t do the trick.

I did as you suggested. I created a new Layout element, selected ‘content title’ on the disable element tab, and set the display rule to ‘posts-all posts’, but I’m still seeing both titles on my posts.

Just FYI – I’ve also tried disabling element ‘content title’ in the setting for individual blog posts one at at time, and that doesn’t do it either.

Perhaps the element I’m trying to remove is not seen as ‘content title’?

Please advise. Thanks.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you check for any Hook Element that contains this HTML: (most likely hooked to generate_after_header)
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/jkue77dL

Or perhaps check for any PHP snippets that add this in.(hooked to generate_after_header)

You’ll have to delete the <h1 class="entry-title" itemprop="headline">...</h1> as this is the one that adds this title.

Luke

That did the trick! Thank you for your help!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Glad you got it sorted. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.