[Support request] How to remove author?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to remove author?

Home Forums Support How to remove author?

• This topic has 21 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Ying.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

The customizer setting you showed in your screenshot is for archive, but the link you are having issue with is a single post.

You’ll need to uncheck the author box for single post as well:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/E0eQb7bHO30P

Clicking on the author hyperlink isn’t going to an archive page. It’s putting author’s name next to an empty avatar on top of the posts.

It is the default WP author archive page, all the posts published by this author would show up here.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/gLrSxz8dLDzB

You’ll need to set up your avatar in dashboard > settings in order to make the author avatar to show.

The private info field is only for the topic starter, I would recommend open a new topic if you want to send us links privately.

Frank

Does this mean that every post requires a manual deselect of the author display field?

What function does the archive fulfill?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does this mean that every post requires a manual deselect of the author display field?

No, the customizer options are site wide, so if you deselect the author display box, all the posts will show author.

What function does the archive fulfill?

Not sure what you mean by this, can you explain a bit more?

Frank

I apologize if I’m slow on these definitions. I’ll try your first point. As for the second, I just don’t know what an archive is in this context.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Frank,

For context:

An archive page is a page that lists all the post depending on it’s taxonomy or context.

Example archive pages are: Author Archive page, Category Archive Page, Tags Archive page.

The “Single” you see on the customizer settings is for Single posts pages.

jal-mj

Is it possible to show the author disabling the link?

Thank you.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you open a new topic and share your site link with us?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.