[Support request] How to recreate elements of Dispatch without importing the theme

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to recreate elements of Dispatch without importing the theme

Home Forums Support How to recreate elements of Dispatch without importing the theme

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Bianchini

Hi,
    I am using GP Pro on my blog, and I want to create elements of the Dispatch homepage to use without importing the entire theme. On your instructions it says it is not recommended to import the template to an existing blog.

How can I recreate the featured elements of the Dispatch homepage, is there anything beyond installing WP Show Posts.

Thanks
    Dan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

its quite complicated to build the Dispatch Post Grid hero from scratch, i detail how to do that here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-put-something-like-this-on-my-front-page-homepage/#post-1439597

It is possible to import a site into an existing site.
    The way to do it – is to first move your live site to a staging server, then import the new site, you will then need to remove any content that the site importer added, update your logos and menus, and check for any other issues that need fixing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.