[Support request] How to pull in next and previous upcoming event on the front page ?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to pull in next and previous upcoming event on the front page ?

Home Forums Support How to pull in next and previous upcoming event on the front page ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jacob

For a client I would like to show previous and upcoming event on the front page. I want to use Modern Events Calendar. Is this best done with GP Element ? GP Show Posts ? GenerateBlocks ?

Any suggestions on how to use any of the three ? It is basically a post type where I want to have two boxes and pull in one upcoming and one just passed. Could be the same box twice or it could be one template with two. Or whatever you would suggest.

Thank you for anything.

Jacob

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Couldn’t you just add it as the page content?

Or am I missing something here?

Jacob

Yeah, okay. Sorry. My fault.

The previous event and upcoming event should be pulled in automatically from Modern Events Calendar. Like an Element in GP. Does this make sense ?

Say I would use Show Posts to make a selection of post type “event” – can I choose 1 event and that event would be the previous and then another event that would be upcoming ? Or should I rather use one of your other solutions ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds like Elements would be the right way to go.

I’m not familiar with Event Calendar though so the best solution is probably to start implementing it using one way and see if you run into any roadblocks.

Jacob

but how do I manipulate another post type than blog in Elements ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If it’s a CPT then it should show under the display rules.

Jacob

Display Rules ? Really cannot see it ? I see Location, Exclude, Users.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Maybe we are having a bit of miscommunication here.

What exactly are you trying to insert? A shortcode from Event Calendar?

Jacob

In Modern Events Calendar I have ten events typed into a CPT. I want to show the next/upcoming event – and the one that has passed. It should run automatically of course.

Jacob
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh I see. That case I don’t think Elements would help.

Does the plugin offer that functionality? Have you checked with their support on how this could be done?

Let me know if I’m still missing something.

Jacob

WP Show Posts could show One upcoming event – but how about one previously held event ?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if all events were sequential and the Next event was the Latest event ( ie. no more after it until it had passed ) then a simple query for the Latest 2 events could be completed with WP Show Posts.

But if you have a lot of future events and you only want to cover the next upcoming date, and the one prior to that then it you would need to get input from the Plugin developers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.