[Resolved] How to place content at bottom of each post and above previous next post links

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to place content at bottom of each post and above previous next post links

Home Forums Support How to place content at bottom of each post and above previous next post links

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian

Hi

Is there a way to place a web form at the bottom of each post while also placing it above any related posts or previous/next post links?

I put the web form html into the after_content hook. That seems the best choice based on the GeneratePress Hooks Visual Guide. Yet this location puts the web form below the output of the Related Posts for WordPress plugin and also the Previous/Next post links.

Also, is there a way to hide or disable the Previous/Next post links?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

to remove the Prev/Next post links – uncheck Display post navigation in Customizer > Layout > Blog –> Single

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/blog-content-layout/#single

Now with the post nav removed, the simplest way is to hook the Related Posts widget in below the Form. On the plugins repo page the author provides a shortcode that you could simply add to the same hook as the form.

Brian

Thanks for the assistance, David. The layout at the bottom of the posts works much better now.

It’s been years since looking at the settings in Customizer > Layout > Blog –> Single and I had forgotten what they did.

I was able to find a filter that removed the default output from the Related Posts for WordPress plugin. Then as you suggested, the shortcode was placed below the web form html in the after_content hook.

Thanks again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to be of help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.