- This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 3 months ago by David.
June 27, 2018 at 2:53 am #609656Mariel
How can I overlay a widget on my page header? This one for example:
I have a full-width page header and right now, widgets are just being added on top of the page header which pushes all of my content down.GeneratePress 2.1.2GP Premium 1.6.2June 27, 2018 at 5:13 am #609716DavidStaffCustomer Support
are you using the GP Page Headers?
If so then, what is the widget element you wish to add? Is it just an Image / HTML / text?
And is there any other content in the page header? eg. the titleJune 27, 2018 at 5:40 am #609728Mariel
Yes, I’m using GP Page Headers but only for single posts. I would like to add a clickable image. There is no other content in the page header except for the full-width header image.June 27, 2018 at 6:39 am #609756DavidStaffCustomer SupportJune 27, 2018 at 11:02 am #610057Mariel
Hi David, I think there’s a bit of a confusion. I’m already using GP’s Page Header for the featured photos of my posts. It’s not really what I want to change.
What I’m trying to do is add an image on top of my site identity’s full-width page header (or logo) — not GP Page Header.
Please see this illustration I made: https://imgur.com/bFza2UW
Hope that’s clear. Thanks!June 27, 2018 at 12:13 pm #610105DavidStaffCustomer Support
1. Simplest method would be to set the Logo Image you already have as a Background image to to the Header and then add your other image as the logo. The header can then be aligned right.
2. As above but add the second image as a Header Widget instead of the site logo.
3. As it is now, add the Header Widget and i can help align it with some CSS.June 27, 2018 at 7:19 pm #610300Mariel
Thanks, David. Would like to use option 3 (CSS)June 28, 2018 at 2:36 am #610528DavidStaffCustomer SupportJune 28, 2018 at 10:20 am #610906Mariel
Hello, already added the widget. Hope you can fix as the site is live. Thanks.June 28, 2018 at 10:33 am #610917DavidStaffCustomer SupportJune 28, 2018 at 3:12 pm #611049DavidStaffCustomer Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.