[Support request] How to make Simple Author Box appear after Related Posts Hook

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to make Simple Author Box appear after Related Posts Hook

Home Forums Support How to make Simple Author Box appear after Related Posts Hook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shivam

I have used a hook for showing related posts and “Simple Author Box” plugin for showing author bio.
    In my case the related posts is coming after the author bio.
    But I want related posts to show before the author bio

I did not find any setting to get the desired result in “Simple Author Box” plugin

The hook setting for my “related posts” is set to “after_content”

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Are you adding both the “related post” and the “simple author box” as Hook elements?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

If so, you can adjust which one comes first by adjusting their priority value.

Lower priority value appears first in the order of things. The higher the priority value, the later it will appear on the hook location.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Shivam

Nope

The plugin “Simple Author Box” automatically adds author bio after the content and before the “related posts” hook.

I have tried changing the priority of “realted posts” hook from 0-100 but the result is same.

And I always disable cache and varnish when testing changes

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that plugin provides a shortcode option which you can add using the same hook after your related posts. This topic explains how to get their shortcode:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/simple-author-box-shortcode/#post-11550219

Shivam

Thanks David for your support

It worked like a charm

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could be of help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.