[Resolved] how to make off canvas menu that shows left sidebar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] how to make off canvas menu that shows left sidebar

Home Forums Support how to make off canvas menu that shows left sidebar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    johnaps

Hello!

I have tried many things, can you tell me the correct way to make a button of mine that is appearing under 768px to open a offcanvas menu that shows my left sidebar?

https://thefinterest.kinsta.cloud/

Under 768px you will see a button
    <button class="offcanvas-flyout-open slideout-toggle">

Can you tell me what i need to do to achieve this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not sure i understand this:

to open a offcanvas menu that shows my left sidebar

Are you wanting the Themes left sidebar to go off canvas on small devices ? As thats not something the theme can do.

johnaps

okay i understood now i had to use off canvas on widget area…

I have 2 problems though!
    The only way that the bellow element works is if i activate the offcanvas everywhere (both mobile and desktop)
    <button class="offcanvas-flyout-open slideout-toggle">

if i activate it only on mobile it doesnt work!
    P.S. I want it only under 768px

inside the off canvas panel there is main-nav which i dont have on my off canvas widgets and i dont want it there!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The GP Off Canvas was never really designed for this kinda thing, and if enabled for mobile it will replace the default mobile menu. Resulting in a lot of messing with the themes code to get it do that.

I would recommend using a plugin like this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/off-canvas-sidebars/

It does what you need without all the headaches

johnaps

So what is off canvas used for??

In the site of mine i will mention bellow i have used off canvas with sucess to display filters only, without any menu appearing there…
    the element that is opening off canvas there under 768px is <span id="mfh" class="slideout-toggle woo-filter-toggle hide-on-mobile">

Thats what i want… and i have it on thefinterest.kinsta.cloud but there is that menu that i dont know why it is there

johnaps

i think i understood what you meant… you cant have off canvas for menu and for filters separately… i will use the plugin… thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats correct the off canvas was built to provide an alternative navigation system ( It used to be called Slideout Navigation ). We do have some future plans for better Off Canvas Features.

Glad to be of help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.