[Support request] How to make links in Lightweight Social Icons contextual?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to make links in Lightweight Social Icons contextual?

Home Forums Support How to make links in Lightweight Social Icons contextual?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Clay Montgomery

Hi Tom,

I have been experimenting with several different plugins for social media icons. I think your lightweight plugin would be good, but I don’t understand how to make the links point to the appropriate displayed page or post, so that users don’t have to copy and paste URLs to share them.

The social Share plugin that is bundled with JetPack does not seem to support this either.

I also tried another plugin named Social Pug, but I could not even get that one to display the icons at all with GP. The developer says that it requires the theme to use WordPress’s default “the_content” function to display the content of the post. Could that be the problem with GP? I think that plugin will automatically generate the contextual links, if it worked with GP.

Thanks, Clay

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

but I don’t understand how to make the links point to the appropriate displayed page or post

I’m not too sure what you mean? Lightweight Social Icons allows you to input the URL to your social profile, but it’s not a “sharing” plugin that shares the current post etc..

GP does use the_content filter as all WordPress themes should.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.