[Resolved] How to make hyperlink icons

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to make hyperlink icons

Home Forums Support How to make hyperlink icons

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Victor

Dear GP Team,

I am using GP with Generateblocks. Generateblocks gives me the power to add svg icons. I was wondering how I can hyperlink those icons. Natively in Gutenberg, it does not seem to be an option. If you scroll down on the homepage I have linked to in the private info, you can see that I have tried to create a navigation to different categories using svg icons, and headings. I want to be able to link the icons to those category pages.

Also, unrelated, I wanted to ask if its a problem to make the headings of different sections H2s instead of div, which is what I see on the homepage of several websites. What is the meaningful difference and is there an disadvantage to making them h2s?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

these is a question for the GenerateBlocks support forum.
    But the simple answer is – use a Button to add the Icon you can remove the text and the padding. And you can add an Aria-Label to the icon so screen readers know what it is.

For the H2 to DIV – its HTML Semantics. If the Text element denotes a Heading and should be seen as such then you should add a H* tag. Ifs arbitrary text filler then it doesn’t really matter you can set it to a P or DIV. In the instance of just an icon then DIV may make sense.

Victor

Perfect. That solves it. Thank you so much, David. You are doing the God’s work (if you believe in God).

Cheers!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.