[Resolved] How to load / add subtitle in GP without a plugin, previous theme has them

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to load / add subtitle in GP without a plugin, previous theme has them

Home Forums Support How to load / add subtitle in GP without a plugin, previous theme has them

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Peter Paul

Hi GP team,

I previously use Tag Div’s Newspaper theme. And that theme has a subtitle feature / secondary title feature built into it. It doesn’t require any plugin to add the subtitle.

My question is, if I add or enable a subtitle function in GP, will the subtitles on my previous posts created while I was using the Newspaper theme also show up in the GP theme?

Also, what’s the updated way of adding a subtitle in GP without using a plugin?
    I’m sure the topic on how to add a subtitle without a plugin has been brought up before.
    But I wanted to know if there is a new or better way to do it, and if there is a way that the subtitles created using the previous theme will also show up?

Thanks,
    Peter

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If I add or enable a subtitle function in GP, will the subtitles on my previous posts created while I was using the Newspaper theme also show up in the GP theme?

I’m not sure unfortunately as they must have custom coded the function in.

GP just uses the default WordPress editor which doesn’t have subtitles built-in so a plugin is required.

Maybe an article like this would help:
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-add-subtitle-for-posts-and-pages-in-wordpress/

Peter Paul

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the reply.
    I see, well that’s okay if it can’t be recovered or restored.
    By the way, if I use that plug-in you suggested, will it have an impact on the speed of the site?
    I’m trying to make my site load as fast as possible and target’s Google core vitals.
    Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i cannot see their being any performance impact from using that plugin.

Peter Paul

Thanks for the confirmation David! Will try it out

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.