[Resolved] How to link to a specific part of a separate page?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to link to a specific part of a separate page?

Home Forums Support How to link to a specific part of a separate page?

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 months ago by David.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mia

Hi there, I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to get one of my buttons on the Home page to link to a *specific section* of a separate page. I am using BeaverBuilder, and can easily get the button to link to the other page, but there isn’t an option to link to a specific part.

Now, I know that this can be done with HTML pretty easily, and that’s fine, but I’m really trying to avoid making a child theme, and have done much of my customization thus far with the Simple CSS plugin, and that’s worked great. I don’t think there’s an HTML equivalent of that, so I’m hoping there’s an easier option that I’m just not seeing?

Thanks!

GeneratePress 2.1.2
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mia,

If you can give the section you want to link to an ID, then you can link to it like this:

<a href="https://yoursite.com/#your-section-id">Link to an ID</a>

Let me know if this helps or not 🙂

Mia

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick answer (and love the little one in your picture!)

So I’ve given the sections proper IDs, but I’m not sure where to include this snippet of HTML. I’m using BeaverBuilder and am trying to add the functionality to an icon, so my options are a bit limited. I have the ability to link by URL, Lightbox, Photo File and Photo Page. None of those seems to allow for the addition oh HTML, so I’m a little stumped on where to put this thing.

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mia

Just link the button to URL and add like so:

https://yoursite.com/#your-section-id

Mia

Thank you, this did the trick!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Gerva

Good morning to all.
    The technique works, but what if I want to have a space from the top?
    The problem is that the section title appears half under the top menu, so I would need 40/50px from the top page.
    Is it possible?

Thanks a lot

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

could you raise a new topic and share a link to your site where we can see the issue – as there are a few ways to resolve that.

Gerva

Yes excuse me.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem – thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.