[Support request] how to install templates from site library

Home Forums Support [Support request] how to install templates from site library

Home Forums Support how to install templates from site library

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Matthew

I’m trying to install the Wordsmith site from the site library, and when i click on details it gives me an option for “backup”, which downloads a backup.json file to my hard drive.

And then nothing.

….

Not really sure how to install a premium theme here is what I’m sayin cause it doesn’t work like the tutorial vids I’m seeing out there.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Matt

Matthew

Made a video for supporting documentation for anyone that can assist.

https://www.loom.com/share/8f7787824d9846ac81f8551198af7f18

Thanks.

Matt

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP Premium 1.8 was just released, which improved the Site Library install and is what the current documents display. So update the plugin to the latest version and you will be able to follow those steps.

Note: The backup file is your current GP Settings. In case you want to revert to your customizer settings before install you can import that downloaded file. But its not necessary to do anything with it to install the site.

Matthew

Thanks David — I updated, didn’t see that was an option, but it’s updated now.

It’s still only giving me backup option. Import is not an option.

https://d.pr/i/CblBhH

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Once you hit the Backup Options button it should change to Import Options.

Matthew

Got it, thanks, David!

The Wordsmith Site threw an error at me, said theme templates don’t exist and it self cancelled.

So I said screw it and opted for a different theme, I went with the Marketer theme.

And it worked straight away.

Just need a place to write.

Thanks again!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm thats odd – sometimes the server times out, we’ll take a look to make sure theres nothing funny at our end. If you’re happy with Marketer then all good. If not let me know 🙂

Hafiz Saif

I am trying to install a template but ending up in blank page need support here.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you raise a new topic, so we can give your request 100% focus.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.