[Resolved] How to insert header over single posts using hooks?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to insert header over single posts using hooks?

Home Forums Support How to insert header over single posts using hooks?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Derek

Hello.

I’ve got a working beaver builder footer site-wide by using: [fl_builder_insert_layout slug=”footer-menu”] in the “After Footer Widgets” GP Hooks area.

I’m trying to do a similar thing but with a bb header, just under the main menu, but above my posts titles. I tried using:
    [fl_builder_insert_layout slug=”posts-header”] in the “After Header Content” GP Hooks area. I can’t seem to get it to work. Besides, even if I was able to get it to show up, there is the problem that I would need to limit this header to only my posts. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks!

Derek

Update:

I was able to get it to work by using the “After Entry Title” Hook area. I just need help with two things:

1.) How can I limit this to the single posts pages only?
    2.) How can I make the header full-width above the sidebars on my /test-page? I’m thinking I need to use a different hook area and maybe custom css? I want it flush with the menu. I’m using another hook for the breadcrumbs.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the after header or inside content container hook would place it above the page content.
    To display it conditionally you can use tags:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-hooks-conditional-tags/

Derek

Got it. Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.