[Resolved] How to have social links open in new tabs?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to have social links open in new tabs?

Home Forums Support How to have social links open in new tabs?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joseph

Good morning.

I have our social links in a menu I’ve placed in the top bar widget on the site and want/need them to open in a new tab. How would I accomplish this?

I’ve copied over all of the content of our old site to the new WordPress/GeneratePress version, it’ll be migrated from the subdomain to the main site this weekend for the relaunch on Monday and this is the last thing I need to take care of. Kind of about the relaunch after the site was on hiatus for a few years.

Thanks in advance for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

with WP menus you can set the Link Target – see here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#opening-in-a-new-window-tab

Joseph

Hello David,

Thanks. That was simple and it never would have occurred to me to look under the screen options tab.

I have to say GeneratePress and the support is fantastic. I’d tried another theme first, bought the pro version (which was twice the GP price) and… it was a disaster. Checked their social media platforms and they were full of complaints from paying customers who were ignored once the dev got their money. Actually had to involve my bank to get a refund.

You folks are great. Really couldn’t be happier.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Well i am glad to hear you’re having a better experience with GeneratePress – and happy to be of help !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.