[Support request] How to get Rank Math to integrate a Hook of “elements”

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to get Rank Math to integrate a Hook of “elements”

Home Forums Support How to get Rank Math to integrate a Hook of “elements”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    David Glass

How to get Rank Math to integrate a Hook of “elements” as part of an input? For example, a paragraph embedded via a Hook from GeneratePress to an entry cannot be parsed by Rank Math

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i assume that RankMath only parses content that is within the editor or has specific schema.
    You would ned to ask RankMath how to parse elements that are hooked in.

David Glass

Yes!! Thank You David!! …how make Rank Math to parse elements that are hooked in??

David Glass

Example: How to???

wp.hooks.addFilter( ‘rank_math_title’, ‘plugin-name’, callback_function_to_fetch_title ) // This will hook into title analysis data.

And

wp.hooks.addFilter( ‘rank_math_content’, ‘plugin-name’, callback_function_to_fetch_content ) // This will hook into content analysis data.

David Glass

Were AND How insert this scripts??

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Those filters are for the block editor content itself.

Are you trying to use Rank Math in Block Elements, or Hook Elements?

David Glass

Hi Tom thanks!!
    I need Rank Math to admit and relize its work in the texts that I have integrated through a hook as it does with a standard paragraph, in order to obtain a Rank Math calculation as a whole of both, the content paragraphs and the Hook paragraphs inserted to that entry.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

When you say Hook, do you mean the regular Hook Element (not the block editor)?

If so, there would have to be a way to integrate Rank Math with a regular textarea custom field – not sure if that’s something they support?

David Glass

Thanks for paying attention to me! Yes, when I say “Hook” I mean the element to create “hooks” of the template “Generatepress”. But it could be any plugin that performs the same function as an example: create a text field that will be displayed according to its filter in certain wordpress inputs.

It is important to avoid overload of work in large sites. But Generatepress does not integrate them to Rank Math, that is not good because it does not cooperate with SEO.

I’m still looking for a way to make peace between Generatepress and Rank Math but it’s still out of my reach (I’m not a hacker ๐Ÿ™ …

I’ve seen that Yoast has a plugin to consolidate hooks but I don’t want to migrate to Yoast.

I’m sorry, English is not my language, but I will learn ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GeneratePress tries not to integrate with any third-party plugins by default, as that is how bloat starts to creep into a theme.

In this case, does Rank Math make it possible to integrate their plugin with a custom field textarea?

Ideally, you shouldn’t really be adding a ton of content into your Hooks, so SEO shouldn’t be an issue. Your content should be in your regular post content area.

Scott

Has your thinking on this evolved any over the past two years? We just built a site where none of the pages have any content in the usual field. They are all composed of reusable blocks, with elements to “bind” them together under a condition. Are we totally dead in the water when it comes to SEO integration?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Our thinking is still that it’s a bad idea to bloat the theme with third-party plugin integrations. You never know when those integrations will no longer be needed, but the code can never be removed.

It’s best to ask the third-party plugin (Rank Math) in this case if it’s possible to integrate their features with content not found in the traditional post content area. If it is, we’d be happy to help write a function using their available hooks/filters to make it happen with Elements.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.