[Resolved] How to get GenerateBlocks to work

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to get GenerateBlocks to work

Home Forums Support How to get GenerateBlocks to work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jo

Hi there! How can I get the GenerateBlocks plugin (downloaded and active) to work and the editor to show up so I can work on my site?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jo,

Once you’ve activated GenerateBlocks, it will appear on the Gutenberg editor once you edit the page.

Check the video on this site to see the demo – https://generateblocks.com/

On the video, you’ll the GenerateBlocks accordion from the Blocks panel within the Gutenberg Editor.

Note: If you’re using classic editor, you won’t be able to use GenerateBlocks. You’ll have to convert to Block editor to use the plugin.

Jo

Hi Elvin!
    So…. I need to activate the Gutenberg editor first?
    I just don´t get all these things that are shown in the video…

Jo

It´s been a while since I created a webpage, but now anything seems to have changed. I don´t see the ELEMENTS any more in the GENERATEPRESS Appearances and I can´not disable headers footers etc. from the edit function as before…

Jo

I got the Blocks!
    Still don´t know how to deactivate Title, Menu bars…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

go to Dashboard > Appearance > GeneratePress and make sure you have the Elements Module and the Disable Elements module enabled.

Jo

Thank you David, that worked!
    But what would I have to do to work on the footer for example? I can´t access him with the editor? Same with the menu bar.
    Are these widgets? How do I chanke them?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jo,

You can use Block element to create a footer (we offer some templates for you to start with when you choose footeras element type), then assign it to entire pgae.

To modify the menu items, go to Appearance > Menus. Then you can style it at customizer > layout > primary navigation/header or customizer > colors > primary navigation/header.

Jo

Hello Ying,

thank you very much for your answer, although my FOOTER problem is not solved. As you can see on my website https://spunkyhornets.com/ the footer is already there (I used one of your/ GeneratePress´s themes/templates), but I can see no way to change it. The footer isn´t accessible. It is not in the Appearance/ Elements menu (which is empty by the way, not even header or any other elements are there!?) which is completely empty, nor can I grab it by use of the Gutenberg/ GenerateBlocks editor.

Concerning the options to alter the MENU: How can I change colors, typefaces, logos, etc.?

I hope you have a nice week and thank you very much for your help

Jo

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Which template are you using? It seems there’s no footer element or header element in this template.

The footer in your site is the default GP footer, but as I replied before, you can use Block element to create a footer, it will replace the default footer.

Your site doesn’t have a header, that’s weird. I don’t recall any site template without a header in our site library.

If you can provide a temporary login in the private info field, I can quickly have a look for you 🙂

Btw happy weekend to yourself!

Jo

Hello Ying,
    I used one of your templates and disabled the header. I don´t know the name of the template any more. How can I give you a temporary login? What´s a private info field?
    Kind regards from Berlin
    Jo

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jo,

Here’s how to use the private information text field – https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Jo

“The footer in your site is the default GP footer, but as I replied before, you can use Block element to create a footer, it will replace the default footer.”

HOW?!

I don´t even see the footer when I open the Block editor in WordPress (I wanted do attach a screenshot, but unfortunately you don´t offer that option)

Jo

Thank you. So, you want mne to use the “Private information” field to provide a temporaray login, right? How can I generate a TEMPORARY LOGIN for you? Is this a special password I need to establish first?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

“The footer in your site is the default GP footer, but as I replied before, you can use Block element to create a footer, it will replace the default footer.”

HOW?!

I don´t even see the footer when I open the Block editor in WordPress (I wanted do attach a screenshot, but unfortunately you don´t offer that option)

It’s something you can do with the newest update for Block Elements. It allows users to create custom templates for footer.

When you open a Block element, you should see this dropdown – https://share.getcloudapp.com/7Kuorpne – you can set it to Site footer. Setting it to “Site footer” applies the layout you made on the Block element as the template for the site footer. 😀

You can start w/ the suggested template if you as well. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.