[Support request] How to get feature image to display below the fold

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to get feature image to display below the fold

Home Forums Support How to get feature image to display below the fold

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jane

Hi there
    I’m wanting to have the featured image in posts display below the fold, so that an excerpt or similar appears at the top under the title etc.
    How to do this in GP?
    Cheers
    Jane

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not sure I fully understand what you mean.

Do you want this applied on the post archives or only on the single posts pages?

Do you have any mockups or reference site for how you want it to look like? Let us know.

Jane

Thanks for responding Elvin.

I want it applied on the single posts.

I don’t have a mockup, but what I mean is that, at the moment you’ll see the photograph, which is added as a Feature image, appears right at the top of the post. The only thing above it is the title and the date/author.

Because what loads “above the fold” affects page speed etc, I am wanting to have text only above the fold, and push the Feature image down the page a bit, so that you have to scroll to see the image. I’m hoping I can put an Excerpt of text that summarizes the article directly under the title and author/date and then have the Image followed by the text of the article proper. Does that make more sense? Basically just wanting to insert Excerpt or other custom text under the title and author/date, BEFORE the image.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ah I see what you mean and why you want to do it.

But the best way to address the issue you’re having is to exempt the featured image from being lazyloaded rather then moving the image location.

But if you really must move the featured image below the content, try Leo’s answer here:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/re-position-of-the-featured-image/

It requires PHP. Here’s how to add one https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Jane

Thanks Elvin, for the options.

What do you recommend is the best way to exempt the featured image from lazy loading?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

What do you recommend is the best way to exempt the featured image from lazy loading?

It really depends on what plugin is adding it in.

You can check your optimization and/or caching plugin for any lazyloading features.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.