- This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago by Suzy Powell.
November 24, 2014 at 12:43 pm #48870Suzy Powell
Hello,I am a newbie to your theme.Read all the fab reviews (and the very unfair one). I am all installed with the premium add ons.
How do you emulate the style of the icon and text sections on your homepage?
And which slider would you recommend?
How you you split the page in half, eg like usually shortcodes?
Just playing around on a test domain, but have 3 sites to complete at the moment and would like to use this theme.
Many thanks,SuzyNovember 24, 2014 at 12:54 pm #48873Suzy Powell
and also how to activate the star reviews? ThanksNovember 24, 2014 at 1:13 pm #48875Suzy Powell
How to remove everything to do with comments? Used disable comments plug (persistent mode)and there is still a big comments box, we never have comments as there are so many spammers :/ ThanksNovember 24, 2014 at 3:04 pm #48877Suzy Powell
got rid ofcomments,thanksNovember 24, 2014 at 6:13 pm #48894TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Thanks for trying GeneratePress! 🙂
1. The homepage is built with a columns shortcode plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/lightweight-grid-columns/
The icons are using the built in Font Awesome library, using stacked icons:
To look at how the icons work exactly, you can view the source of the homepage and take the code.
2. There’s lots of sliders out there that all have their uses. Some of my favorite ones are: Meta Slider, Master Slider, Revolution Slider
3. Not sure what you mean by split the page in half? But if you’ve seen it then it’s probably a plugin you can install.
4. As for star reviews, this would have to be a plugin – not sure of a specific one.
Hope this helps get you started 🙂November 25, 2014 at 1:07 am #48974Suzy Powell
Thanks for the answers! Great support. I guess I mean the columns you mention. SO usually with the theme I have used for the past few years I used short code to split the screen into sections, half , quarter, thirds etc.
I have enough to get started, sure I will be back in touch soon. Thanks 🙂November 25, 2014 at 10:58 am #49050TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Ah – you can use our plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/lightweight-grid-columns/November 25, 2014 at 12:28 pm #49094Suzy Powell
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.