[Resolved] How to Emulate the Style of your own HomePage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to Emulate the Style of your own HomePage

Home Forums Support How to Emulate the Style of your own HomePage

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Suzy Powell

Hello,I am a newbie to your theme.Read all the fab reviews (and the very unfair one). I am all installed with the premium add ons.
    How do you emulate the style of the icon and text sections on your homepage?
    And which slider would you recommend?
    How you you split the page in half, eg like usually shortcodes?

Just playing around on a test domain, but have 3 sites to complete at the moment and would like to use this theme.

Many thanks,Suzy

Suzy Powell

and also how to activate the star reviews? Thanks

Suzy Powell

How to remove everything to do with comments? Used disable comments plug (persistent mode)and there is still a big comments box, we never have comments as there are so many spammers :/ Thanks

Suzy Powell

got rid ofcomments,thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Suzy,

Thanks for trying GeneratePress! πŸ™‚

1. The homepage is built with a columns shortcode plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/lightweight-grid-columns/

The icons are using the built in Font Awesome library, using stacked icons:
    http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/

To look at how the icons work exactly, you can view the source of the homepage and take the code.

2. There’s lots of sliders out there that all have their uses. Some of my favorite ones are: Meta Slider, Master Slider, Revolution Slider

3. Not sure what you mean by split the page in half? But if you’ve seen it then it’s probably a plugin you can install.

4. As for star reviews, this would have to be a plugin – not sure of a specific one.

Hope this helps get you started πŸ™‚

Suzy Powell

Hi Tom

Thanks for the answers! Great support. I guess I mean the columns you mention. SO usually with the theme I have used for the past few years I used short code to split the screen into sections, half , quarter, thirds etc.

I have enough to get started, sure I will be back in touch soon. Thanks πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Suzy Powell

thanks Tom:)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.