[Support request] How to edit Woocommerce basic product page?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to edit Woocommerce basic product page?

Home Forums Support How to edit Woocommerce basic product page?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Timothy

Just beginning to set up a test site using GP Premium & Woocommerce. Working through all the basics and starting to get the hang of it but there’s one thing I don’t understand. Not sure how I can edit or create a custom single product page? Does this require the use of some kind of template plugin?

Also can one apply a different product page template to individual products? Obviously I’m missing something quite basic… 🙁

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Woocommerce provides a single Product Template and it provides the editor meta boxes for those products.
    If you need different options or different templates for a product then it requires custom templates and functions.

What changes are you wanting to make ? As we may be able to advise on those custom changes.

Timothy

Thanks for the input. At this point I don’t have any specific changes in mind but just trying to get a handle of how WC templates work. I came across this article that goes a long way toward helping me understand how it all works.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah that doc is a good starting place. And to note, GeneratePress does not replace the Woo templates, so following the woo guidelines will work.

Another good resource is Business Bloomer:

https://www.businessbloomer.com/blog/

Particularly there visual hooks guide, for example:

https://www.businessbloomer.com/woocommerce-visual-hook-guide-single-product-page/

Aside from the visual queues you have the list of the function callbacks that are hooked in.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.