[Resolved] How to edit the homepage using GenerateBlocks

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to edit the homepage using GenerateBlocks

Home Forums Support How to edit the homepage using GenerateBlocks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jean

Hello!
    I’m new to GeneratePress Premium + Generate Blocks.
    I downloaded a demo from the site library, and the homepage doesn’t show up in pages for me to edit with Generate Blocks. I can only customize the homepage, but I want to do more.
    Is there a way to use the block editor in the homepage? If not, and I choose to create the home page from scratch, how would I go about in doing this if I want the home page to also display recent posts?

THANK YOU!!!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. Did you mean you can’t open and edit the homepage in Gutenberg Editor?

GenerateBlocks is not a page editor or page builder tool. It’s an addon block you can use on Gutenberg Editor much like any other blocks.

And yes you can use GenerateBlocks on any part of your site that uses Gutenberg Editor.

You can create a new page to be the new home page through Dashboard > Pages > Add New.

After publishing the page, you can set it as the new default page through WP Admin Dashboard > Settings > Reading > “Your homepage displays” and select “a static page” and select your newly created page the homepage.

As for making your new static homepage to display recent posts, you’ll have to use a plugin. We recommend WP Show Posts to do that for you. https://wpshowposts.com/

Jean

Thank you for your response.
    Is Gutenberg editor already installed with WordPress, or do I need to download the plugin separately?

To clarify, I cannot edit the homepage with blocks.
    The homepage also does not appear under “Pages,” but all other pages do.
    I downloaded the “Tasty” demo site if that helps.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jean,

Gutenberg is the default editor if you are using the latest WordPress version 5.5.1 so you don’t need to install the Gutenberg plugin.

The home page of Tasty is the blog/posts page so it cannot be edited like a normal static page.

Perhaps what you want is to use a static page for the home page?
    https://wordpress.org/support/article/settings-reading-screen/#reading-settings

Jean

I appreciate for your help as I am a newbie.

The website will be a multi-category blog, and I would like to feature recent posts on the homepage
    -In this case, would a static page be needed?
    -If not, would I be able to create my blog/posts page and then edit it myself (is the blog posts page not able to be edited in general or just for that demo site specifically)?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry for the late reply – somehow missed this.

That site is actually using the posts page as the home page.

Then you can add other content using WP Show Posts and hook elements:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

Jean

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Brandon

Also,

I was struggling with this and figured out that I had the Classic Editor plug in turned on into active. The second I deactivated that Classic Editor the Gutebnburg options started working.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.