[Resolved] How to display the Secondary Menu on selective pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to display the Secondary Menu on selective pages

Home Forums Support How to display the Secondary Menu on selective pages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    andrachans

Hello there

Can you assist me with how to display the Secondary Navigation Menu on selective pages.

There are two Primary Categories on my site Diets & Weight Loss / Gym Equipment.

Diets & Weight Loss has 5 subcategories. Gym Equipment has 3 subcategories.

On my Main Navigation Menu I have Diets & Weight Loss / Gym Equipment, displayed across the whole site – I am happy with this.

How do I display the Secondary Navigation Menu on selective pages only?

So, when a visitor chooses Diets & Weight Loss category, from the Main Navigation Menu, the Secondary Navigation Menu displays only the 5 subcategories, applicable to the Diets & Weight Loss category (and does not also include the 3 subcategories from the Gym Equipment category). Also when the visitor chooses one of the 5 subcategories (within the Diets & Weight Loss category), the Secondary Navigation must display on all 5 subcategory pages.

My reason for this support ticket, is that I do not want to get into using Sub-Menu navigation items; and if at all possible not another plugin.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

for a static secondary navigation, you can easily disable it from the pages you don’t want to using the Layout Module > Disable Elements.

This topic explains how to display menus conditionally:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/conditional-menus/

andrachans

Thank you David.

Much appreciated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome. I think Tom may have some plans for this as a future update for the new GP 1.7 (beta) Elements module.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.