[Resolved] How to display static and other posts on front / home page?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to display static and other posts on front / home page?

Home Forums Support How to display static and other posts on front / home page?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    subven

Hi,
    I have installed GP premium a few days back on my site. The site is for online exams (static part) and education news updates (dynamic part). I would like to create home page and inner pages giving importance to both parts. Is there any way out?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If you want to display posts on a static page, a plugin like WP Show Posts is worth checking out: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-posts/

subven

Hi Tom
    Thanks for the reply. I have already installed WSP and using it to create custom pages based on category. See the links at the footer of my site for example. I am ok with that part. But I am not sure on using WSP to display posts from different categories separately on a single page (front page), for instance 5 latest posts from each category on a front page.
    Do I need to create short codes for each category? OR any other way?
    Thanks a ton

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yes – you would need to create a list for each category.

subven

Hi David,

1) Thanks for the clarification. so I have to create TWO entries for each category in WPSP. ONE – to display 5 or 6 posts of a category on home page. TWO – to display all posts of that category on another page. Hope I am correct?

2) My final doubt would be: How can I create “more stories” link after displaying 5/6 posts for each category on the front page? So that whoever wants to see all the posts of that category will be landed there.
    I am too cautious πŸ™‚
    Just wanted to be clear before starting the work than creating mess for myself after πŸ™‚

Thanks for the patience.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

1. Yes thats correct.

2. In the post editor, below the WP Show Posts shortcode you can simply add some text “More stories”, highlight it and make it a Link which you can add the Category URL to.

subven

That’s great.
    I will get into practice now and get back for any help as you are always here for us.
    Thanks a ton.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

subven

Hi
    I have created the font page as planned. But it looks very plain. Is there any documentation on adding some backgrounds to title, reducing space between links, ‘Read more text’ alignment etc.
    Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can open a separate topic for each of your questions?

Thanks πŸ™‚

subven

Hi
    Thanks for the support.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.