- This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Leo.
April 26, 2020 at 1:34 pm #1256887subven
I have installed GP premium a few days back on my site. The site is for online exams (static part) and education news updates (dynamic part). I would like to create home page and inner pages giving importance to both parts. Is there any way out?April 26, 2020 at 4:28 pm #1257001TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
If you want to display posts on a static page, a plugin like WP Show Posts is worth checking out: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-posts/April 26, 2020 at 8:56 pm #1257123subven
Thanks for the reply. I have already installed WSP and using it to create custom pages based on category. See the links at the footer of my site for example. I am ok with that part. But I am not sure on using WSP to display posts from different categories separately on a single page (front page), for instance 5 latest posts from each category on a front page.
Do I need to create short codes for each category? OR any other way?
Thanks a tonApril 27, 2020 at 4:06 am #1257495DavidStaffCustomer SupportApril 27, 2020 at 7:33 am #1257836subven
1) Thanks for the clarification. so I have to create TWO entries for each category in WPSP. ONE – to display 5 or 6 posts of a category on home page. TWO – to display all posts of that category on another page. Hope I am correct?
2) My final doubt would be: How can I create “more stories” link after displaying 5/6 posts for each category on the front page? So that whoever wants to see all the posts of that category will be landed there.
I am too cautious 🙂
Just wanted to be clear before starting the work than creating mess for myself after 🙂
Thanks for the patience.April 27, 2020 at 7:36 am #1257839DavidStaffCustomer Support
1. Yes thats correct.
2. In the post editor, below the WP Show Posts shortcode you can simply add some text “More stories”, highlight it and make it a Link which you can add the Category URL to.April 27, 2020 at 7:40 am #1257844subven
I will get into practice now and get back for any help as you are always here for us.
Thanks a ton.April 27, 2020 at 7:47 am #1257861DavidStaffCustomer SupportApril 27, 2020 at 8:25 am #1258073subven
I have created the font page as planned. But it looks very plain. Is there any documentation on adding some backgrounds to title, reducing space between links, ‘Read more text’ alignment etc.
ThanksApril 27, 2020 at 9:48 am #1258230LeoStaffCustomer SupportApril 30, 2020 at 1:30 am #1262495subven
Thanks for the support.April 30, 2020 at 9:06 am #1263419
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.