[Support request] How to display excerpt in different container when hover other container?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to display excerpt in different container when hover other container?

Home Forums Support How to display excerpt in different container when hover other container?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sascha

Hey there,

please, allow me to handle this request here, since I use both GPP & GBP and would like to keep all my support tickets here.

I’d like to create a section with 4 columns/containers, where the first 3 of them will query the 3 latest posts. I will use the “Query Loop” block by GenerateBlocks for this.

The container in the 4rth column should display meta-data (title, date, excerpt) fetched from the post, which is hovered by the visitor.

E.g., when the visitor hovers over the 2nd column (which displayed the title & thumbnail from the post “My trip to Chile”), the title & excerpt of this post should be displayed in the 4rth container.

When visitor hovers over the 3rd column (other post “Tipps for hiking”), the excerpt of this post will be displayed in 4rth container.

I tried to illustrate this on this screenshot.

Can anyone point me to the direction I need to look at in order to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,
    Sascha

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that would most likely involve a custom Javascript and an AJAX call to get the relevant meta data. Unfortunately its not something we have a solution, and it falls outside of the scope of this forum as it would require custom development

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.