[Resolved] How to Display Different Sidebar for Each Post ,Page in Generatepress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to Display Different Sidebar for Each Post ,Page in Generatepress

Home Forums Support How to Display Different Sidebar for Each Post ,Page in Generatepress

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MD Tohidul

Hey, I want to set different slide bar for different pages or post. Can I do this with generatepress without using any plugin?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Its not possible without adding some kind of plugin or custom development.

We recommend you use the Content Aware Sidebars plugin to do this kind of thing.

MD Tohidul

Thanks Dear

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

nudnavda

Hello David,

As this is what I am struggling with too, may I continue this thread?
    Seems like Elements facility in GP makes this possible: there I can use Sidebar blocktype and some location rule so it replaces the standard sidebar.
    The problem I have: it’s not possible to have a widget in the Sidebar Element that selects the newest posts *only* from the category chosen in the Element Location.

Even with the help of the Category Posts plugin there’s no succes.
    So then I installed the Content Aware Sidebars plugin and deactivated the Element, but this way I loose the editing facilities of Elements and am restricted to working with the widgets section.
    It feels as if I’m too confused or ignorant about the precise functions that are in play here.

Any possible tip or correction from your side?
    Thanks,
    ad

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If you want to use the Block Element to create your own Sidebars and need to include a Widget Area within that then try this plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/organic-widget-area-block/

It allows you to add a widget area inside the Block editor ๐Ÿ™‚

nudnavda

Thanks so much for providing the right instrument ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.