[Resolved] How to display a category through WP Show Post

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to display a category through WP Show Post

Home Forums Support How to display a category through WP Show Post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jun

result I want to achieve

Hi, I am using a “Abstract” theme from the library and I would like to display a category along with an icon of my choice (I am planning to use ::before pseudo element) like the above image.

It seems like I need to play around with WP Show post taxonomy? or Meta section in which I expected to see something like “include category name”. I am unable to find a solution.

I appreciate the support.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jun,

I’m not sure I fully understand your request.
    The screenshot you linked doesn’t look like what you described, could you please be more specific? Thanks!
    Let me know!

Jun

Hi, sorry I will make it sound simple.

I cannot find an option to display the category name under the image. The screenshot is an UI that I deigned for myself as an example. So I want to know how to display the category name which is assigned to each post which are linked through WP show post (based on the site library — Abstract –I am using).

Currently, I do not know or I don’t seem to have that option such as “include date or author” in the meta section in the WP Show post.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Currently, I do not know or I don’t seem to have that option such as “include date or author” in the meta section in the WP Show post.

That’s strange. You may have to re-install WP Show Posts plugin as include date and include author checkbox should be within the UI as shown here: https://share.getcloudapp.com/mXu5LzkJ

or Meta section in which I expected to see something like “include category name”.

On the same screenshot, there’s “include terms” that’s what you should enable if you want to show the categories.

Jun

Thank you Elvin. I can now see! Is it also possible to make them appear on the Latest Work page on Abstract site library (the page that shows the latest posts)?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try the customizer option first?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/blog-content-layout/

If this doesn’t help, please open a new topic.

Thanks!

Jun

Wow I did not know about this option. I think I will spend some time to read the documentation first as there are many areas I still haven’t touched. Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.