[Resolved] How to disable numbered pagination in archives

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to disable numbered pagination in archives

Home Forums Support How to disable numbered pagination in archives

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vlastimil

Hi, I have some CPT archives and want to use simple below navigation ‘previous’ and ‘next’ for all of them, including posts. I found out that in inc/structure/post-meta.php there’s a navigation for previous and next but it’s hidden in some situations (unfortunately in that situations, that I need). Additionally there’s the numbered navigation called by

if ( function_exists( 'the_posts_pagination' ) ) {
    the_posts_pagination(

which cannot be turned off by hook or by function overloading (because the_posts_pagination is core function).

So. Why is the simple nav hidden by default (main.css:759)? Is there a way, that I’m not able to see, to turn off (not hide by css) the numbered nav?

thank you for some kind of help

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Vlastimil,

You may use a Post Navigation – Block Element: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-post-navigation/

You can also try this filter: add_filter( 'generate_show_post_navigation', '__return_false' );

Vlastimil

Hello
    Fernando,

thank you very much, that’s very helpful. Actually I’ll use Archive Navigation but I didn’t find how to specify the link label for dynamic data in Headline. There’s a Title (‘Hello World’ as dummy text) and other options in Dynamic Text Type but I’d like to use ‘Previous projects’ etc.

Thanks for help

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Vlastimil!

Vlastimil

Ok, so please the last thing – how to setup the label for links (please see my previous response)?

thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

for now you will need to use a GB Button, with those you can add a static label and set a dynamic link.
    Whereas Headlines, the GP Dynamic Data options you have to have a dynamic label to have a dynamic link.

In the future the GenerateBlocks Dynamic Data options will have Next / Previous posts as its Content sourec.

Vlastimil

Hi David, thanks for your answer, I understand. Even if I use GB button and set up a static label, the result is dynamically modified. So I use ‘Previous projects’ with button, but the result is ‘projects’ because that’s the CPT name. With other words – it’s the same with GB button as with Headline.

The Dynamic text type combo does not have a ‘custom text’ option in both situations and the button label is being overwritten.

Any other chance or am I doing something wrong..?

thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

For the Buttons if you use the GP Dynamic Data ( which is only there in Elements ) then you can do this to a GB Button:

2022-09-08_14-44-36

So we only set the Dynamic Link and we leave the Dynamic Text Type empty. Then it will keep whatever text you added in the button

Vlastimil

Well, that works. So I must not to choose text type, ok.

David, thanks for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.